Term & Conditions
In an attempt to better service our clients we ask that you please carefully read through these Terms & Conditions. This will enable us as a company to complete your job in a timely and professional manor and help you to better understand the processing of your orders.
This Printing Services Agreement is between the customer (person or business placing order) and 3 Rings Printing & Design.
- General Specifications: Files submitted digitally that do not explicitly follow our specifications are not eligible for reprinting or a refund.
- We request all files for printing be sent to us in one of the following formats: Adobe Acrobat Document (*.pdf), JPEG Image (*.jpg,*.jpeg), Encapsulated Postscript (*.eps), or Tagged Image File (*.tiff).
- Your document should be created in CMYK mode so that the colors that you see on the screen most closely match the final printed product. We will make every effort to produce a reasonable representation based on your supplied materials but you must be aware that we do not guarantee color matching. Due to the nature of gang run printing it is standard that the color and brightness of images may shift anywhere from 3% – 15%. If you create your document in RGB, the colors in your printed product may vary greater than 15%. Please note that JPEG files are almost always in RGB. All solid Black areas should be composed as a combination: CYAN 50%, MAGENTA 50%, YELLOW 50%, and BLACK 100%. If you require exact color matching please let as know as we do offer a color specific service for an additional cost.
- Files should be setup at a minimum of 300dpi resolution at 100% of the final print size. Higher resolution means a more detailed image.
- We REQUIRE your file include a bleed area. A bleed is extra area outside of your document that is trimmed off to insure proper cuts and to prevent an unwanted white border from showing at the edge of your document. Please be sure to include at least 1/8” for a bleed and keep your text at least 1/4” from the edge of the piece. No Exceptions, or you risk your job being miscut. Although our cutting staff is extremely precise, we cannot guarantee any print job cuts without the added bleed.
- Front and Back of document should be setup as two separate pages, do not create both sides in a single file or page.
- Printed materials will be UV (Ultraviolet) coated on both sides unless specifically requested. Note you cannot print (ink-jet or by hand), glue, or foil stamp over coatings.
- Proofing: Once a job has been plated and sent to print the order cannot be cancelled.
- By the time your job is received, all edits should be finalized, the copy carefully proofread and all design issues should be settled. We are not responsible for proofing any submitted jobs and we will not take any responsibility for any designer errors, including files sent without proper room left for cutting. 3 Rings Printing will print your files AS SENT. We will not critique your artwork. POOR QUALITY FILES WILL RESULT IN POOR OUTPUT. Low resolution Files or images will cause your piece to print blurry and may be unreadable. Files that due not meet our guidelines will be printed AS IS and are not eligible for reprint.
III. Printing Process:
- Because we are a “gang run” style print company, we are able to offer lower prices than our competition. We print the day’s orders on an 18” x 24” sheet and cut the jobs apart in order to reduce the costs of making plates and other fixed setup charges. If your job needs to be customized or requires special attention please let us know as we do offer a large range of services.
- Because of limitations with the Gang-Run printing process, the differences in equipment, paper, and neighboring image ink requirements- the accuracy of color reproduction is not guaranteed. This does not mean your colors will be drastically different, but that in regards to Gang-Run printing the industry standard practice is to accept a overall pleasing color, which is 95% – 100% accurate to the image. By placing an order with us you agree to this limitation.
- If you plan on using your piece for mailing please allow room for overruns and under runs of up to 10% either way. WE DO NOT GUARENTEE EXACT COUNT. Please choose your desired quantity accordingly. We print quantities as low as 25 and as high as a million plus.
- By placing an order with 3 Rings Printing & Design you acknowledge that you understand the estimated turnaround times. 3 Rings Printing & Design will do everything in its power to correctly produce your job in a timely manner, but cannot guarantee a specific delivery or shipping date. Turnaround times are based on a wide range of factors including the difficulty of the job, maintenance of the printing press, timeliness of job submission, fullness of the run, etc. Please understand that the design/print production process is as much an art as it is a science. Occasionally there will be delays due to technical malfunctions, equipment failure, or file problems. We will make every effort to keep these events from affecting production and / or delivery of your order.
- When printing specialty jobs with Foil please keep in mind that Foil and UV can’t overlap. Also please avoid using small or fine text or fonts for foil objects. For best results, please make sure that foil coverage is less then 50% of the artwork area. Finally and most importantly please be aware that there may be up to 1/16th of an inch shift on the placement of the foil. Keep this in mind if you are trying to align foil specifically or with other printed artwork on the card.
- Production and delivery times are not contractual. If your item is time sensitive, please plan well in advance. There will be no refunds for jobs that do not arrive by your “deadline”.
- 3 Rings Printing & Design does not offer a “pick up” option for products. All products will be shipped via UPS, or a courier service unless otherwise worked out in advance.
- Our delivery area is from the beaches area of Jacksonville (Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jax Beach & Ponte Vedra Beach) to downtown Jacksonville and from Atlantic Blvd. to J. T. Butler Blvd. Deliveries outside of our delivery area but still within Jacksonville are subject to a delivery fee of $25. Deliveries within North Florida are available based on mileage. Please contact us for a price quote.
- We will only make one attempt at a delivery therefore please be sure someone is able to accept your order at the agreed upon time and place. All re-deliveries will be subject to a $25 re-delivery fee.
- Shipping: We ask that you carefully plan both the anticipated turnaround time and the time to ship to your final destination
- We primarily ship most products for FREE with UPS, and all UPS orders shipped ground within Florida will be delivered the following day. We can also ship FedEx, Greyhound Package Express, and US Postal Service. Contact us and we’ll work with you to get your order to you in a cost effective and timely manner.
- All delivery dates are estimate. 3 Rings Printing & Design is not responsible for delays caused by the carrier. We have no control over United Parcel Service or any other common carriers’ delivery schedules and cannot guarantee when mail or shipments deposited with or released to these carriers will be delivered.
- 3 Rings Printing & Design will not be responsible for any shipments lost or damaged during shipping. All claims must be made with that shipping company.
- Returned shipments to 3 Rings Printing & Design will not be refunded and additional shipping cost will be required prior to reshipping your package.
- If you chose the Delta Dash service please note that due to FAA guidelines, Delta requires you to present proper id and the airway bill number. Not picking packages up from airport, does not nullify the order placed with 3 Rings Printing & Design, and you are still subject to be charged. Packages left at the airport for over 7 days are subject to storage fees and will not be paid by 3 Rings Printing & Design.
- Prices posted on this website are subject to change without notice. Estimates are good for 30 days. An estimate not accepted within 30 days may be changed.
- 3 Rings Printing accepts the following forms of payment: Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cash & checks. If you would like to pay by check, your order will not print until the check has cleared. This will cause a significant delay in your order. If you submit a check and there are insufficient funds we will charge a $25 Insufficient Funds Fee. If a check is returned to us we will no longer be able to accept checks on your account. All future payments on your account must be in the form of cash, credit card, or Paypal.
- A tag is a line of type that we discreetly add to your final artwork on the edge of the printed piece. Tagging your orders is the only reason we have been able to maintain such incredibly low prices in today’s environment. You may choose to omit this tag from your order for an additional fee.
- Cancellation of a Job:
- We process jobs as soon as they are received. If you need to cancel an order you have placed, you must call and speak to a 3 Rings Printing & Design employee. If we can catch the job before it goes to print, we will be more than happy to cancel it, but if the job is already plated and scheduled for production, you are responsible for full payment.
- If you are unhappy with the quality of the printing or cutting, 3 Rings Printing & Design will be happy to discuss a possible reprinting of your job free of charge or a partial printing credit depending on the nature of the problem. Please understand, 3 Rings Printing & Design may request a 5″ stack of the printed piece in question for review. 3 Rings Printing & Design will not pay for return shipping of these samples. Without samples of the printed piece in question we are unable to issue credits or refunds.
- Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the client in writing no later than 48 Hours after delivery. If no such claim is made, 3 Rings Printing & Design and the client will understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, the client acknowledges that 3 Rings Printing & Design has fully satisfied all terms, conditions and specifications.
- Postage is never refundable.
- 3 Rings Printing & Design feels it is critical to respect the intellectual property of others. To that end, when you use our services, you acknowledge that you hold the full rights to use all copy and images for your printed piece without violating the intellectual property rights of another party. By using our service, you also recognize that subject matter does not need to include a copyright notice in order to be protected by copyright law. Absence of copyright notice does not give you the right to reproduce the material. By using our service, you are assuring us that copyright notice has not been removed from any of the materials supplied to us for printing.
- You agree to protect and hold harmless 3 Rings Printing & Design (and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, business partners or employees) from any claim or demand (including attorneys’ fees) made by any third party due to or arising out of a project produced for you through 3 Rings Printing & Design.
- 3 Rings Printing & Design reserves the right to use its sole discretion in refusing to print anything it deems improper or known to be illegal.
- 3 Rings Printing’s liability shall be limited to the stated selling price to the customer of any defective goods, and shall in no event include special, consequential, incidental, indirect or similar damages, including without limitation, lost profits. 3 Rings Printing & Design warrants that every product manufactured by it meets industry standard for such product and is free of any material defect in workmanship. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR USE AND MERCHANTABILITY. 3 Rings Printing & Design makes no other warranty and no actions or words of 3 Rings Printing & Design or its officers, employees or agents shall constitute a warranty.
RELATED POLICIES AND TERMS
There are certain additional policies, terms and conditions that apply to the use of specific portions of this Web Site, and to the purchase of products from 3 Rings Printing & Design. These additional policies, terms and conditions are included as and shall be deemed to be part of these Terms and Conditions (collectively all such terms and conditions are referred to as the “Site Terms”). Please refer to and review all additional specific terms and conditions, including the following:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Placing an order with 3 Rings Printing & Design indicates your acknowledgement that you have read and accept these terms and conditions.